Welcome to Georgia Military College's Library Guide for PER101.
This guide is to help you locate information resources for your PER101 course.
See the tabs at the top of the page to navigate the sections of this guide or select from below.
Student Learning Objectives for the Library
PER 101 Library Orientation Objectives
1. Be able to locate the library from Moodle and GMCOnline.
2. Know the hours and contact information for the library and the name of the librarian/library associate. (And where to find all this information online)
3. Learn what the library databases offer (print journal articles, magazine, newspapers, books in an online format; as well as images, video, and audio files)
4. How to locate and search library guides and locate specific guides
5. Learn the current database password and how to locate it online
6. Learn the services offered by the library focusing on research assistance through face-to-face interaction, chat, and texting. (This is also where some campus specific stuff can be included—movie nights, checking out books, extended hours, etc.)
7. Understand how to locate and use some of the basic features of GCIS. This includes learning the GCIS username and password and how to create a portfolio.
Library Guides are created and maintained by Beth Jones, Online Instuction Librarian.
If you have questions or comments, please contact Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org